If you’re developing a web project in a dynamic environment you’ll need a server in order to build and view changes. Xampp lite is a light weight, easy to configure personal server that can be installed and configured quickly and easily. It supports Apache, My SQL, FileZilla, Mercury and Tomcat.
How to Configure Xampp Lite in 6 Easy Steps
- Start by downloading Download Xampp Lite here.
- Download the zip file and extract it to C:/Xampp
- To configure Apache. Click on the first config on Apache.
- Set the port you want to use.
57: #Listen 188.8.131.52:80 – This is what the format looks like. From line 57. It’s commented out.
58: Listen YOUR PORT HERE – line 58 is the port you want to change. This is what Xampp will look for.
- Edit httpd.config for your local files. Around line 238 there are 2 instances of Document Root that need to reflect your local file environment.
- Start Apache from the console.
Configure Xampp to use the editor of your choice. In this instance I’ll be using Notepad ++. Open the main console config. Next editor click browse and choose Notepad ++ or what ever editor you are using. By default it’s notepad, but you can choose your favorite text editor of choice.
So there you go. Painlessly simple and lite XAMPP Lite lives up to its very name.
Xampp for Apache and How to Configure It Click To Tweet